Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Production Engineer (2 positions)
INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
INFICON is looking for two Production Lead Engineers to provide leadership to dynamic production teams in a globally operating high-tech company. The Production Lead Engineers will spearhead trans-formative change in culture and production environment to ensure world class quality and performance. The Production Lead Engineers are responsible for driving production using Lean and Continuous Improvement principles while maintaining high quality output. The ideal candidates have multi-year experience in a lean manufacturing environment, leading teams, strong communicator, is able to multi-task, meet ambitious targets and goals, and lead execution towards fast results.
- Increase productivity by applying lean manufacturing and continuous improvement principles
- Develop concepts, implement, and continuously improve next generation shop floor in collaboration with the production team
- Maintain and reduce operational costs through targeted improvements
- Ensure exceptional quality and exceed customer expectations through active involvement with the team and urgent action when required
- Establish and Continually Improve Standard Work for all team members.
- Lead 5S improvements, Visual Factory Improvements, Changeover/Setup Reductions, and Kaizen events within your department
- Oversee department training plan, progress, and cross training efforts to increase flexibility and ensure 100% coverage of all production processes
- Lead, coach, and mentor team
- Analyze space requirements and workflow to design and implement new and improved work areas
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or related technical discipline
- Must have 5+ years of experience in high technology production and/or manufacturing with progressive responsibility
- Demonstrated success in developing, leading, and coaching a team
- Demonstrated strong cross functional communication with engineering, supply chain, logistics and quality groups
- Demonstrated ability to handle/organize multiple complex tasks simultaneously, while providing guidance to other supporting personnel
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation)
- Demonstrated success in production improvement projects: lowering lead times, efficiency, goal setting, resource allocation and training, cross functional cooperation
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in lean manufacturing and continuous improvement including 5S, Kaizan, Gemba Walks, Kamishibai, and visual factory
- Must be excellent using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience in a Six Sigma environment
- Green Belt Level or higher
- Working knowledge of SAP, information systems
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and/or 14001 in a lean manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with mass spectrometer applications for research, semiconductor, and related processes
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf