Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Engineer (2)
INFICON is a growing, global, leading provider of innovative technologies that enhances productivity and quality in sophisticated industrial processes. The products provided by INFICON are world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement, and control and are vital to manufacturers and end-users in the complex fabrication of semiconductors and thin film coatings for optics, flat panel displays, solar cells, and industrial vacuum coating applications. INFICON is headquartered in Switzerland and has world-class manufacturing facilities in Europe, the United States and China with subsidiaries located throughout the world. This position will be located at INFICON's U.S. headquarters in East Syracuse, NY. For more detailed information about INFICON, please visit our website at www.inficon.com.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for interpreting and/or recommending post-sale Service strategy/support programs, evaluating existing methods/processes and developing new procedures/plans to ensure quality and speed of service
- Plans, coordinates and conducts standard and non-standard repair activities/initiatives
- Implements and maintains assigned service repair processes, programs and systems for designated product/s.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Support customers via phone and or email with technical issues, trouble shooting product remotely to achieve maximum up time for the customer
- Assist in supplying support parts or issuance of RMAs to get units repairs in a timely manner
- Utilizing the Stage Gate Model, help create service concept, service manuals, spare parts lists and train appropriate people
- Analyzes tactical needs as well as general requirements and design specifications required to meet business unit needs
- Develops specifications, implements and maintains repair processes and/or systems
- Reviews complex reports and/or failure data and provides analyses, summaries and resulting mitigation plans
- Employs new concepts that significantly impact important problems/issues
- Plans, coordinates and/or conducts complex repair strategies/initiatives
- Exchanges information and resolves issues with other INFICON Team members and customers at varying hierarchical levels over a variety of repair/product performance related issues
- Provides leadership support and advice with regard to technical and/or specialized knowledge to other Team members to drive both quality and speed of service to our customers
- Analyzes current practices/procedures and makes recommendations/decisions for change
- Maintains quality processes and work instructions with appropriate supporting material for users. Updates processes as necessary
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences or related technical field and a minimum of 4 years of relevant engineering experience . Will consider applicants that have an Associate degree in Engineering or related field and minimum of 6 years of relevant engineering experience required.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Strong PC and MS Office skills for reporting research findings and developing technical documentation
- Troubleshooting complex instrumentation including mechanical, electrical and electronic systems and sub-systems
- Speaking and presenting in front of groups in order to provide technical support and training to customers and sales.
- Ability to identify, seek and attain needed information via effective research methods
- Knowledge and experience with Adobe FrameMaker or other content publishing tools is beneficial in this role
- Additional Skills include: Ability to remain flexible and task-shift frequently, strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Prefer Experience with Chemical instrumentation (e.g., gas chromatography, mass spectrometers, TF controllers, optical spectrometers.)
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation will be commensurate with experience including a competitive base salary, bonus opportunity, and competitive benefits package.
INFICON, is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal opportunity to all job seekers that apply without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, age, protected veteran status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. A notice describing Federal equal employment opportunity laws is available here and here to reaffirm this commitment.
INFICON is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for an employment opportunity at INFICON and require special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at 315-434-1100. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf